This version starts the re-write of Bonnie++! I will make it totally threaded
(the new code does not use fork()). It will also support testing with a
specified number of threads doing the same test, this will allow you to really
thrash those RAID arrays!
The ports to OS/2 and NT are cancelled.
- bonnie++-1.97.tgz - fixed a bunch of bugs including bad CSV output.
- bonnie++-1.96.tgz - fixed a bunch of bugs and got the colors working correctly in the HTML output.
- bonnie++-1.95.tgz - support direct IO and made some changes to the build process (including dropping NT and OS/2 support).
- bonnie++-1.94.tgz - major improvements to zcav.
- bonnie++-1.93d.tgz - added write support
- bonnie++-1.93c.tgz - added support for GCC
- bonnie++-1.93b.tgz - version 1.93b. Fixed
an error in calculating seek time and added support for large numbers of
directories for the file creation tests.
- bonnie++-1.93a.tgz - version 1.93a. Better
support of NT, better RPM packaging code, and a minor warning fix.
- bonnie++-1.93.tgz - version 1.93. Added a
new test program for per-char IO for the people on the linux-kernel mailing
- bonnie++1.92b.tgz - version 1.92b. Fixed
a bunch of bugs in the random seed selection code.
- bonnie++1.92a.tgz - version 1.92a. Added
support for setting the seed for random numbers and fixed a few bugs.
- bonnie++1.92.tgz - version 1.92. Changed
the code to do per-char tests with read() and write() instead. Now reports
much lower results for those tests which are more useful IMHO.
- bonnie++1.91c.tgz - version 1.91c, it
now compiles with namespace support in GCC 3.0 and fixed some minor bugs.
- bonnie++1.91b.tgz - version 1.91b
- bonnie++1.91a.tgz - version 1.91a, fixed
zcav properly and fixed a bunch of minor bugs in Bonnie++.
- bonnie++1.91.tgz - version 1.91, fixes all
known bugs in the 1.90 series.
- bonnie++1.90g.tgz - version 1.90g, now
latency works properly and always gets parsed properly. Changed the -f
option to allow tests of per-char IO for small amounts of data.
- bonnie++1.90f.tgz - version 1.90f, more
work on latency in bonnie++ and some slight changes for OS/2 and NT
- bonnie++1.90e.tgz - version 1.90e, better
OS/2 and NT support.
- bonnie++1.90d.tgz - version 1.90d,
contains code from the OS/2 and NT ports, may break things for some versions of
- bonnie++1.90c.tgz - version 1.90c,
produces better web pages (full color) with bon_csv2html.
- bonnie++1.90b.tgz - version 1.90b, adds
support for measuring latency.
- bonnie++1.90a.tgz - version 1.90a, adds
basic threading, changes the format of the CSV files, and updates the programs
for managing CSV files (and the man pages).
Links to other projects I am actively working on.
Copyright © 2000 Russell
Coker, may be distributed freely.